You’ve made the decision to sell your home. You picked out your Realtor, and your home is currently on the market. Now what?
Most likely, your Realtor has marketed and advertised your home to the best of their ability, and soon showings will be scheduled. Showings are when the magic happens; potential customers tour your house and picture it as their future home.
Here are some simple tips that will help your house feel more like a home.
- Open your shades and turn on the lights. Make your house light and bright.
- Make your bed. Sounds simple, right? Well, it is, so DO IT.
- Pick up excess clutter or kid’s toys/dog’s toys. Have you ever stepped on a lego piece? Can we say ouch?!
- Flush your toilets!
- Light some scented candles. A smell can bring on a flood of memories, and influence people’s moods. And, you’re hoping to influence them in a good way, so, you don’t want to over do it, but a couple of candles lit, let’s say, in the bathroom and living room would be great.
- Wipe off door handles and drawer/cabinet handles. This may sound weird, but, go with it. No one wants to grab a sticky or slightly greasy knob or handle.
- If you have pets, please bring them with you and not just cage them.
- Make sure YOU leave the home. It’s awkward enough to be walking around a random person’s home. They don’t need you hovering over them, too. Let the Realtor do their job.
Good luck in selling your home! If you need any more advice or have questions about selling your home, please feel free to email me or call me anytime.