Each state has slightly different rules/regulations – but in Wisconsin, here are some safety tips to use when you’re touring a potential new home.
1. Wear gloves, face masks. If you don’t have any keep hands in your pockets and/or wrap a bandana around your face.
2. Take off your shoes when entering a home or wear booties.
3. Avoid touching items unless necessary, as in, do not sit on the furniture or touch personal belongings.
4. Limit the # of people you bring with you to a home showing.
5. If you feel sick DO NOT GO TOUR A HOME.
6. And if you don’t feel comfortable visiting a seller’s home in person- ask for a virtual visual tour! Your Buyer’s Agent can go there and video it for you via Facetime, Duo… whatever video works best.
Use your best judgement when touring other people’s homes. Use hand sanitizer and wash your hands when you get home. Buying a new home is exciting and fun – but keep it safe!