Happy New Year!
According to the WRA (Wisconsin Realtors Association) here’s the stats for the 2022 housing year:
- Home sales slid 30.5% in the fourth quarter of 2022 relative to the fourth quarter of 2021.
- 2022 home sales fell 14.6% compared to the record sales of 2021.
- The median price for all of 2022 rose to $264,600.
- Total listings fell 17.8% over the past 12 months.
- Wisconsin remains well below the 6 months of supply that characterizes a balanced market, so there is a strong seller advantage.
- The average mortgage rate more than doubled from 3.1% in December 2021 to 6.6% in December 2022.
Did reading that last one make you wince in pain? It certainly did for a good portion of my home buyers. However, mortgage rates go up and they go down. Home values and prices are still running strong, especially given the sellers market situation (yes, it’s a sellers market STILL.) Will definitely be curious to see what 2023 housing market brings for the Green Bay, WI and surrounding cities!
If you’d like to know more about the real estate market, give us a call or if you are thinking of selling your home, buying a home, or investing in real estate – we are here for all of your needs.
Elysian Realty is a local Real Estate Brokerage with Expert Realtors, both Listing Agents and Buyer Agents located in Green Bay, WI : De Pere, WI : Wrightstown, WI : Pulaski, WI : Oconto Falls, WI : Seymour, WI : Denmark, WI: Appleton, WI : Hortonville, WI : Little Chute, WI : Greenville, WI : Neenah, WI : Oshkosh, WI : Kewaunee, WI : Algoma, WI and more!
Meet the Elysian Realty Realtors