Truthfully, this list is for all the housing markets across the US. 2021 is predicted to be a hot market for sellers. 2020 was a GREAT year for home values. Don’t believe me?
A quote from a Freddie Mac report puts it in better terms, “Even though the overall economic recovery is uneven, the housing market has made a remarkable comeback. This surge in home sales has put pressure on housing inventory and resulted in an acceleration in house price growth.”
Here are the top 5 predictions for the housing market in 2021:
- Home prices will continue to increase. Overall in Brown County, WI they raised about 12% in 2020. Home values are NOT predicted to rise 12% this year, but only time will tell!
- Homes will continue to sell at record pace. Meaning, home sellers – you need to be working with a competent Realtor who knows how to navigate through a potential multiple offer situation, and one who will still market and advertise the heck out of your house in order to get you the best possible Offer from a home buyer. Hint, hint, contact Elysian Realty!
- Mortgage rates will be hovering around the 3% mark. That’s great news for home buyers and for home sellers. Home prices may be rising, but buyers will get a great rate which helps in the long run with payment amounts. If you’re aiming for an even lower rate, try seeing what a 15 year mortgage will get you.
- Year of re-fis! Last year was a fantastic year to re-finance your home. 2021 will be the same, so if you held back on locking in a lower rate – homeowners you still have time! And same as above, ask what a 15 year loan term would do for you. You won’t be tacking on another 30 year to finance.
- Sellers market with low inventory. Same as 2020. Not a lot of homes for sale gives home sellers the advantage.
Selling your home? Buying a house? Contact Elysian Realty, one of our Realtors will be happy to speak with you! De Pere, WI / Green Bay, WI / Village of Howard / Village of Pulaski / Village of Suamico- we do it all!
New construction homes in Brown County, WI are high in demand. Why, oh why, you ask?
MANY reasons! One is just the fact that the home is brand spankin’ NEW. However, the reason I want to talk about is the ability to BUILD WHAT YOU WANT. You can design and build a house that will truly become a home that will fill your needs. And if you have a house like that, maybe you won’t be selling and moving within a few years for something bigger, or newer, or to a house that has a sunroom- because you’ve always wanted a sunroom and if you could just have a house with a sunroom you’d be happy.
Now to build a new customized construction home you’re going to need to do a few things first. One is to talk with a lender to see what your price range will be, you also need to talk with a Realtor and get yourself a Buyer’s Agent to look for vacant lots in the location you want to live. Your Buyer’s Agent can set up meet and greets with home builders in the area and go with you to the initial meetings.
Building a new construction home isn’t as stressful as one would think – especially when you have a Buyer’s Agent with you navigating the way. Your Buyer’s Agent will know what vacant lots are available, which ones are builder exclusive and which ones you can pick what builder you want, how to get a hold of the restrictive covenants (think of rules for building a house and rules for neighborhood), and they will also know amazing home BUILDERS!!
Once you decide on the builder, the rest quickly falls into place. Each builder has home designs/floor plans for you to choose from to get a base, as the interior amenities and/or additions you want along with features will depend on your budget.
Key take aways: Find a Buyer’s Agent! One that you feel comfortable working with. Get pre-approved through a lender. Need a referral for one? Ask your Buyer’s Agent!
Building a New Construction Home in Green Bay, WI or Howard or Ledgeview? How about De Pere, WI or Hobart? Contact Elysian Realty, we would love to work with you!
Fall season is upon us! Home buyers are still out there looking for the perfect new place to call home. Here are more than a few simple, SIMPLE items to take care of to help showcase your home in the best of light:
- Rake up your leaves
- Clean out your gutters
- Clean your front doorway, take down those spider webs (leave the decorated Halloween ones!) and sweep up the walk way.
- Wash windows
- Prune your dead summer flowers/plants/shrubs. Don’t just leave them there decomposing. (I get it that sometimes it’s best to trim in spring, yet keep in mind you’re selling your home! And you want it to look nice and maintained!)
See?! Those 5 ideas are easy, not extremely time consuming and FREE! Or you can always hire a highschool kid to help out too 🙂
If you’re looking to sell your home in the Green Bay, WI and surrounding areas, contact Elysian Realty
Here’s a list of the top home selling mistakes that will turn off home buyers. And turning off home buyers cost you money!
- Strong odors! Nothing turns a buyer off of your Home Sweet Home faster than upon immediately
- walking in and smelling something a bit… off.
- Loose pets. I love cats, I love dogs, I love all furry creatures. But just because I love them doesn’t mean a potential buyer will. Take your beast for a walk/drive and crate your precious kitty.
- Locked closets/bedrooms/basement cellar. When you lock up a part of your home a buyer immediately wonder’s what you’re hiding.
- Incomplete home projects. Finish what you started!
- Carpet in bathrooms and/or dining rooms. Carpet in either of those rooms create an “ick” factor for the buyer.
- Easily seen ant traps and mouse traps. Get rid of the rodents and pests before you try to sell your home! It’s always wise to disclose issues or past issues and it’s best when you can say it’s FIXED!
- Dirty dishes in the sink or bags of garbage laying around. Now I know you smart and savvy home sellers wouldn’t dream of leaving that around!
Thinking of selling your home?? Want an expert opinion on how to get your home ready for the market? Contact Elysian Realty, one of our will be more than happy to chat!
Home sellers, want to know what attracts home buyers?? Well, according to the 2019 Remodeling Impact Report here is the top items that will put hearts in a potential home buyer’s eyes:
11. Closet Renovation – That’s right! Shelves and organizers are key!
10. Attic Conversion to Living Space
9. Basement Conversion to Living Space – rec rooms, extra bedrooms and bathroom – oh my!
8. Add an additional Bathroom – even if it’s a half bath!! Extra toilets are like GOLD!
7. New Master Suite – this is always a hot item.
6. Hardwood Floor Refinishing
5. Bathroom Renovation
4. New Wood Flooring
3. HVAC Replacement
2. Kitchen upgrade
And the top hot item for home buyers??
1. Complete Kitchen Renovation
Thinking about selling your home?? Contact Elysian Realty – one of our expert Agents will be ready to chat!
It is still a fantastic time to sell, even with everything that’s going on. The demand from home buyers is strong and there’s just no current homes for sale to meet this demand. But how do you play it safe AND sell your house??
- Have your Realtor ask potential buyers and buyer agents to remove shoes when entering your home.
- Provide hand sanitzer (or have your Realtor do this).
- After each showing – wipe down your counters and door knobs.
- Before a showing turn on all lights and open closet doors. Openn a few kitchen cabinet doors as well. This will eliminate extra touching of surfaces by the buyer’s agent and potential home buyers.
- Talk to your Realtor about the possibility of a virtual showing as well as in-person showings. Homes do get sold that way – I’ve sold more than a few by video tours!
Each state has slightly different rules/regulations – but in Wisconsin, here are some safety tips to use when you’re touring a potential new home.
1. Wear gloves, face masks. If you don’t have any keep hands in your pockets and/or wrap a bandana around your face.
2. Take off your shoes when entering a home or wear booties.
3. Avoid touching items unless necessary, as in, do not sit on the furniture or touch personal belongings.
4. Limit the # of people you bring with you to a home showing.
5. If you feel sick DO NOT GO TOUR A HOME.
6. And if you don’t feel comfortable visiting a seller’s home in person- ask for a virtual visual tour! Your Buyer’s Agent can go there and video it for you via Facetime, Duo… whatever video works best.
Use your best judgement when touring other people’s homes. Use hand sanitizer and wash your hands when you get home. Buying a new home is exciting and fun – but keep it safe!
Home buying safety tips in Green Bay, WI
I’ve been getting calls/emails/texts/messages from plenty of home buyers and home sellers all asking pretty much the same question – Will the housing market crash because of the coronavirus??
From everything that I’ve read and heard and truly believe myself, the answer is no. Pre-coronavirus, the housing market was in desperate need of more home sellers and more new construction homes for sale. THAT IS STILL AN ISSUE! There’s such a lack in housing inventory and I believe this virus and all the shut downs and distancing yourself socially will only lead to even less houses for sale. Low supply and large demand.
From some of the shut downs, there will be some home buyers that will not qualify for loans anymore, whether it’s due to layoffs, pay cuts, less hours working.. whatever the case is, but you will still have such low supply. Only now with possibly less demand.
I don’t see how this will effect housing prices. However, I do see how this may effect home sale volume. Of course, all this will play out in greater detail within the next couple of weeks (hopefully not months but…).
Stay safe home buyers and home sellers!
Worried about selling your home with the coronavirus? Contact Elysian Realty and speak to one of our agents! Let’s chat, we will see if this is a good opportunity for you.
Going more and more green has become quite the rage. And by green, I do not mean more Green and Gold – for all you Packer fans out there! I mean more conscientious of your carbon footprint. Or your house’s carbon footprint. Here is a list of how to make your home more eco-friendly for not a lot of money. Actually some of these items may actually save you some money too!
- Turn off your lights. Do you really need to keep all the lights on at night? When not in a room, flip the switch.
- Turn down your heat at night. Sleeping in 65 degrees is the perfect “sleeping” weather. Or so say some experts on sleeping.
- Insulate your attic. You can hire a pro to do this, or go to Menards or Home Depot purchase some insulation and tackle this project on your own.
- Change your furnace filters! I can’t stress this on enough. If your furnace is all clogged and working double time that doesn’t do you any good, it doesn’t do your furnace any good, and it doesn’t do your heating bills any good.
- Hang your clothes outside to dry. Obviously, this is only possible in the warmer seasons, but it’s something to think about.
- Recycle the right way. Not paper/cardboard is recyclable. Just like not every plastic container is recyclable. Tossing the acceptable items in with the non-acceptable items can cause more damage than you think. Do your own research. Every Village within Brown County has their own rules, go to your Village’s website and read up.
Looking for new home? You need a Buyer’s Agent! Contact Elysian Realty today.
Are you like everyone else and is anxious for springtime weather to hit Green Bay, WI?? Don’t even pretend – of course you are! While you’re patiently waiting for the weather to catch up with your spring vibes, here are a few decorative ways to liven up your house.
- Plants – this one is kinda a no brainer, but add some greenery to your home. Also, if you like to garden, start growing your veggies from seeds indoors and get a jump on for the warmer weather.
- Put away your holiday lights – yes, I really did say that. Christmas lights (or whatever holiday lights) you have up, take them DOWN.
- Paint – Say whaaat? It’s time to get colorful! Maybe paint an accent wall in your living room or bedroom. Liven up your bathroom with a splash of color.
- Colors – if even thinking about painting makes your head hurt, how about just adding colors? Like throw pillows for your couch, or a new rug. Or how about that throw blanket to wrap yourself in on those still chilly days?
- Photos – add some new photos of you, your pet, or friends and family to your walls. Spruce up with some snapshots of fun days.
If you are looking to buy a home in the Green Bay, WI and De Pere, WI area contact Elysian Realty.