Elysian Realty is proud to confidently extend their expertise Realtor services to the Fox Cities, WI and surrounding areas. Realtor Dylan O’Brien has joined the team and we at Elysian Realty are excited! Here’s Real Estate Agent Dylan’s bio:
Thanks for taking the time to stop and learn a little about me and how I can help you find your dream home. My name is Dylan O’Brien and my biggest strength is really listening to what you are looking for in a home. It’s important! A home is not only one of the largest purchases you will make, but a place you can make your own and feel proud of. Whether it be a modern two story overlooking water or a modest ranch with character, it would be my honor to help you find the perfect fit.
I grew up in Kaukauna, Wisconsin where I attended Xavier High School and Northeast Wisconsin Technical College earning a degree in Business Management with an emphasis in Entrepreneurship. I love real estate so much, I bought my first home when I was 20 and fixed it up. This process taught me a lot about what I want from a real estate agent, and I hope to apply that knowledge to work for you. I will work tirelessly to earn your business!
If you are needing a Buyer’s Agent or a Realtor to list your home for sale – Dylan O’Brien is the Real Estate Agent for you! Contact Dylan Here
Home Selling or Home Buying in the Fox Cities – Appleton, WI; Neenah, WI; Menasha, WI; and Kaukauna, WI
When selling your home, sometimes it’s the little impressions that matter to home buyers. 1,000 real estate professionals conducted a survey in 2020 by HomeLight – which is a real estate referral company, it was noted that 45% of respondents said a home with outdated light fixtures can be a big turnoff to potential home buyers. Even though switching out a light fixture is quite simple, compared to let’s say, remodeling a kitchen. In this market, buyers are willing to pay a premium, but they want more a move-in ready home.
With that being said, here are a few ways to set your home up for success with homebuyers:
- Update light fixtures to more modern lighting. Did I even need to say this (again)?
- Switch out any burnt out bulbs. This is true for especially where there is only one bulb, I’ve had buyers question whether is was a burnt out bulb or if it was something to do with the electrical – home buyers get nervous. And no, not just the first timer home buyers either!
- If there is no over head lights for a room, add in a lamp or two. Not all showings are in sunshine weather. Dark houses turn of home buyers!
NAR – the National Association of Realtors conducted a study. A profile of sorts for homebuyers and home sellers in 2020. I thought some of the characteristics for these home buyers were pretty interesting. Curious? Read on!
31% of homebuyers were first time buyers. This stat is actually a little lower than last years, which was 33%.
The average age of a homebuyer was 47 years old and the median household income rose to $96,500.
12% of homebuyers purchased a multigenerational home. What’s even more interesting is that from January 2020-March 2020 mostly pre-Covid-19 world wide pandemic, that % was 11%. Then from April 2020-end of the year that percentage rose to 15%. Don’t ask me how those rates end up at 12%, this is just what the NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Home Sellers said!!
44% of home buyers who purchased a home in 2020 were specially looking for move-in ready. These home buyers were wanting to avoid renovations and problems with plumbing and/or electricity. That’s a large percentage of home buyers.
Want to know how the current real estate market is in the Green Bay, WI or Appleton, WI area?? Contact one of our Realtors and find out!
Green Bay and De Pere Home sellers – this blog post is for YOU! Really ALL Home Sellers in Wisconsin this is for you too!
This is a classic example of WHAT NOT TO DO
The pandemic has touched us all in one way or another. And for some of us in A LOT of ways. And with home buyers, it’s no different. Home buyers have shifted their top needs and wants in what they’re looking for in a new home. The top priorities for most home buyers are now:
- Privacy!! I think we can all relate that one..
- Larger yards
- Nice outdoor space – patio/deck/porch..
- Easy access to parks, trails, outdoor seating areas
- Closeness to supermarkets!
- Larger houses (square feet-wise) or ability to have more square feet (think finish off the basement)
- A dedicated office and/or kids learning room
- More than 1 bathroom
- A quiet space
- Move-in READY! This is a big one! Home Buyers (read: literally everyone with the pandemic) have more on their plate than usual, so one BIG thing to not worry about would be to literally move-in and get settled. Not paint, up date flooring, move-in, fix X, Y and Z.
Thinking about selling your home? Contact Elysian Realty, one of our top Realtors can help!
Truthfully, this list is for all the housing markets across the US. 2021 is predicted to be a hot market for sellers. 2020 was a GREAT year for home values. Don’t believe me?
A quote from a Freddie Mac report puts it in better terms, “Even though the overall economic recovery is uneven, the housing market has made a remarkable comeback. This surge in home sales has put pressure on housing inventory and resulted in an acceleration in house price growth.”
Here are the top 5 predictions for the housing market in 2021:
- Home prices will continue to increase. Overall in Brown County, WI they raised about 12% in 2020. Home values are NOT predicted to rise 12% this year, but only time will tell!
- Homes will continue to sell at record pace. Meaning, home sellers – you need to be working with a competent Realtor who knows how to navigate through a potential multiple offer situation, and one who will still market and advertise the heck out of your house in order to get you the best possible Offer from a home buyer. Hint, hint, contact Elysian Realty!
- Mortgage rates will be hovering around the 3% mark. That’s great news for home buyers and for home sellers. Home prices may be rising, but buyers will get a great rate which helps in the long run with payment amounts. If you’re aiming for an even lower rate, try seeing what a 15 year mortgage will get you.
- Year of re-fis! Last year was a fantastic year to re-finance your home. 2021 will be the same, so if you held back on locking in a lower rate – homeowners you still have time! And same as above, ask what a 15 year loan term would do for you. You won’t be tacking on another 30 year to finance.
- Sellers market with low inventory. Same as 2020. Not a lot of homes for sale gives home sellers the advantage.
Selling your home? Buying a house? Contact Elysian Realty, one of our Realtors will be happy to speak with you! De Pere, WI / Green Bay, WI / Village of Howard / Village of Pulaski / Village of Suamico- we do it all!
New construction homes in Brown County, WI are high in demand. Why, oh why, you ask?
MANY reasons! One is just the fact that the home is brand spankin’ NEW. However, the reason I want to talk about is the ability to BUILD WHAT YOU WANT. You can design and build a house that will truly become a home that will fill your needs. And if you have a house like that, maybe you won’t be selling and moving within a few years for something bigger, or newer, or to a house that has a sunroom- because you’ve always wanted a sunroom and if you could just have a house with a sunroom you’d be happy.
Now to build a new customized construction home you’re going to need to do a few things first. One is to talk with a lender to see what your price range will be, you also need to talk with a Realtor and get yourself a Buyer’s Agent to look for vacant lots in the location you want to live. Your Buyer’s Agent can set up meet and greets with home builders in the area and go with you to the initial meetings.
Building a new construction home isn’t as stressful as one would think – especially when you have a Buyer’s Agent with you navigating the way. Your Buyer’s Agent will know what vacant lots are available, which ones are builder exclusive and which ones you can pick what builder you want, how to get a hold of the restrictive covenants (think of rules for building a house and rules for neighborhood), and they will also know amazing home BUILDERS!!
Once you decide on the builder, the rest quickly falls into place. Each builder has home designs/floor plans for you to choose from to get a base, as the interior amenities and/or additions you want along with features will depend on your budget.
Key take aways: Find a Buyer’s Agent! One that you feel comfortable working with. Get pre-approved through a lender. Need a referral for one? Ask your Buyer’s Agent!
Building a New Construction Home in Green Bay, WI or Howard or Ledgeview? How about De Pere, WI or Hobart? Contact Elysian Realty, we would love to work with you!
Fall season is upon us! Home buyers are still out there looking for the perfect new place to call home. Here are more than a few simple, SIMPLE items to take care of to help showcase your home in the best of light:
- Rake up your leaves
- Clean out your gutters
- Clean your front doorway, take down those spider webs (leave the decorated Halloween ones!) and sweep up the walk way.
- Wash windows
- Prune your dead summer flowers/plants/shrubs. Don’t just leave them there decomposing. (I get it that sometimes it’s best to trim in spring, yet keep in mind you’re selling your home! And you want it to look nice and maintained!)
See?! Those 5 ideas are easy, not extremely time consuming and FREE! Or you can always hire a highschool kid to help out too 🙂
If you’re looking to sell your home in the Green Bay, WI and surrounding areas, contact Elysian Realty
Here’s a list of the top home selling mistakes that will turn off home buyers. And turning off home buyers cost you money!
- Strong odors! Nothing turns a buyer off of your Home Sweet Home faster than upon immediately
- walking in and smelling something a bit… off.
- Loose pets. I love cats, I love dogs, I love all furry creatures. But just because I love them doesn’t mean a potential buyer will. Take your beast for a walk/drive and crate your precious kitty.
- Locked closets/bedrooms/basement cellar. When you lock up a part of your home a buyer immediately wonder’s what you’re hiding.
- Incomplete home projects. Finish what you started!
- Carpet in bathrooms and/or dining rooms. Carpet in either of those rooms create an “ick” factor for the buyer.
- Easily seen ant traps and mouse traps. Get rid of the rodents and pests before you try to sell your home! It’s always wise to disclose issues or past issues and it’s best when you can say it’s FIXED!
- Dirty dishes in the sink or bags of garbage laying around. Now I know you smart and savvy home sellers wouldn’t dream of leaving that around!
Thinking of selling your home?? Want an expert opinion on how to get your home ready for the market? Contact Elysian Realty, one of our will be more than happy to chat!
Home sellers, want to know what attracts home buyers?? Well, according to the 2019 Remodeling Impact Report here is the top items that will put hearts in a potential home buyer’s eyes:
11. Closet Renovation – That’s right! Shelves and organizers are key!
10. Attic Conversion to Living Space
9. Basement Conversion to Living Space – rec rooms, extra bedrooms and bathroom – oh my!
8. Add an additional Bathroom – even if it’s a half bath!! Extra toilets are like GOLD!
7. New Master Suite – this is always a hot item.
6. Hardwood Floor Refinishing
5. Bathroom Renovation
4. New Wood Flooring
3. HVAC Replacement
2. Kitchen upgrade
And the top hot item for home buyers??
1. Complete Kitchen Renovation
Thinking about selling your home?? Contact Elysian Realty – one of our expert Agents will be ready to chat!
It is still a fantastic time to sell, even with everything that’s going on. The demand from home buyers is strong and there’s just no current homes for sale to meet this demand. But how do you play it safe AND sell your house??
- Have your Realtor ask potential buyers and buyer agents to remove shoes when entering your home.
- Provide hand sanitzer (or have your Realtor do this).
- After each showing – wipe down your counters and door knobs.
- Before a showing turn on all lights and open closet doors. Openn a few kitchen cabinet doors as well. This will eliminate extra touching of surfaces by the buyer’s agent and potential home buyers.
- Talk to your Realtor about the possibility of a virtual showing as well as in-person showings. Homes do get sold that way – I’ve sold more than a few by video tours!